Avesdo is a groundbreaking sales platform for real estate developers and their affiliates. With offices in both Vancouver and Toronto, Avesdo is a strategically-funded startup on a mission to improve the experience of buying and selling a new-build home. Trusted by the real estate community, our customers have transacted over 15 Billion Dollars in real estate using Avesdo's sales platform. Since beginning operations in 2016, we have experienced tremendous growth in the industry and have established a strong reputation in British Columbia, Alberta,Ontario. Our goal for 2019 is to continue growth in these regions while having strong penetration into the US market.
To help continue fuel our expansion, we are looking for passionate, energetic individuals who are self-motivated and looking to be a part of a growing organization.
Working out of our office in Liberty Village - as an Accountant Office Manager, you will play a vital role in the company as you are responsible for executing the day to day financial transactions including AP, Payroll and financial management reporting. In addition, the successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter to oversee the office administrative activities of our rapidly growing multi-site offices. We are looking for someone who is analytical by nature competent with technology, has attention to detail, and knows how to place the customer first.
We are hiring an Accountant Office Manager with a passion for organizational excellence to join our Toronto office. This position will play a vital role in the expansion of our business, and will be critical to the company’s success.
- Preparation of financial reports, including review and preparation of month end and year end close entries
- Review employee expenses for accuracy, provide summary reports for management reporting and payment
- Compile and prepare weekly productivity reports
- Administer processing of the day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivables, payables and monthly entries
- Oversee invoices, and prepare cheque runs
- Prepare recurring Payroll and must have knowledge of payroll compliance
- Generate T4, ROE, and meet CRA compliance items
- Prepare bank deposits, reconcile bank statements and expense reports
- Calculating, Remitting and Filing WCB, HST, Payroll Taxes and other compliance items
- Coordinate and assist to the external auditors and preparation of the income tax (T2)
- Meet with senior management to discuss the financial statement
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative activities
- Receive mail, direct to the appropriate persons, file and save when required
- Prepare mailings, coordinate couriers and other related tasks
- Answer and redirect external telephone calls, and assist with internal communications
- Oversee office supplies and general office maintenance
- Arrange customer, team and/or board meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Other office related duties as required
- Office management: 3+ years (preferred)
- 2 years' bookkeeping experience
- QuickBooks experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Paperless office environment
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing demands and deadlines
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration & Accounting
What we offer you
- Base salary + bonus
- Health plan
- Ability to truly impact the company direction by working alongside the founders and executives
- Incredible exposure to the inner-workings of the trillion dollar real estate industry